Best of Wine Tourism Awards 2019
The Great Wine Capitals Best of Wine Tourism Awards celebrate innovation and excellence in wine tourism in the regions of these ten great wine capitals and provides an opportunity for wineries to gain exposure and recognition for their commitment to providing leading wine tourism experiences. The winners of this local awards program can then go into the running to win an International Best of Wine Tourism Award, giving you global exposure of your brand, as well as allowing your business to benchmark with overseas wine tourism offerings and truly compare what is on offer in the Great Wine Capitals of the World.
This year the local and international awards were presented at the Gala Dinner on Thursday 8 November 2018 as part of the Great Wine Capitals Global Network AGM in Adelaide, South Australia.
The winners for the 2019 awards are:
- Accommodation - Inkwell Wines (McLaren Vale)
- Architecture and Landscape - d’Arenberg (McLaren Vale)
- Art and Culture - Coriole Vineyards (McLaren Vale)
- Innovative Wine Tourism Experience - Penfolds Magill Estate (Adelaide Hills)
- Sustainable Wine Tourism Practices - Gemtree Wines (McLaren Vale)
- Wine Tourism Restaurant - The Lane Vineyard (Adelaide Hills)
- Wine Tourism Services - Elderton Wines (Barossa)
McLaren Vale’s d’Arenberg has won the 2019 international Best of Wine Tourism Award for Architecture and Landscape, recognised for its bespoke structure and design.
The d’Arenberg Cube was designed by winemaker Chester Osborn, who is renowned for his creativity. The exterior is made entirely of glass, combined with a complex pattern adorning the façade.
Its design provides a stark contrast to the natural beauty of the vineyard surroundings to create a venue that is anything but ordinary.
Vote for the public choice award
You can now vote any of the wineries above for the inaugural Great Wine Capitals Best of Wine Tourism Public Choice Award.
Choose from our seven winners as well as the winners from each Great Wine Capital as the best wine tourism experience.
Voting closes 22 November 2018. Vote here.
Any enquiries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Previous award winners
The 2018 winners for Adelaide, South Australia were:
- Accommodation – The Louise (Barossa)
- Architecture and Landscape – Chapel Hill Winery (McLaren Vale)
- Art and Culture – Coriole Vineyards (McLaren Vale)
- Innovative Wine Tourism Experiences – Henschke and Hutton Vale Farm (Barossa)
- Sustainable Wine Tourism Practices – Whistling Kite Wines (Riverland)
- Wine Tourism Restaurants – Hentley Farm Wines (Barossa)
- Wine Tourism Services – Penfolds Magill Estate (Adelaide Hills) – 2018 International Best of Wine Tourism Winner
Discover the Best of Wine Tourism Award winners from around the world.