Best of Wine Tourism Awards
The Great Wine Capitals Best of Wine Tourism Awards celebrate innovation and excellence in wine tourism in the regions of these ten great wine capitals and provides an opportunity for wineries to gain exposure and recognition for their commitment to providing leading wine tourism experiences. The winners of this local awards program can then go into the running to win an International Best of Wine Tourism Award, giving you global exposure of your brand, as well as allowing your business to benchmark with overseas wine tourism offerings and truly compare what is on offer in the Great Wine Capitals of the World.
The Accommodation category recognises outstanding accommodation providers in the form of Hotel, Motel, Bed and Breakfast or Cabins which are located on a winery or vineyard.
Winner – Lanzerac Country Estate, Barossa
Architecture and Landscape
This Architecture and Landscape category recognises wineries with unique architectural and landscape design elements or characteristics, whether historic or contemporary, that enhance the visitor experience.
Winner – Kimbolton Wines, Langhorne Creek
Art and Culture
The Arts and Culture category celebrates those wineries and vineyards that have a commitment to culture and visual or performing arts as part of the visitor experience.
Winner – Bird in Hand, Adelaide Hills
Innovative Wine Tourism Experience
This category is for those wineries which encourage visitation to their venue and region by offering innovative and imaginative experiences for individuals and groups at the winery, at the cellar door or on the winery property.
Winner – d’Arenberg, McLaren Vale
Wine Tourism Restaurants
The Wine Tourism Restuarants category is for those wineries who offer a dining experience that showcases the beautiful produce sourced locally and from our regions at a restaurant attached to a winery or vineyard.
Winner – Maxwell Wines, McLaren Vale
Sustainable Wine Tourism Practices
The Sustainable Wine Tourism Practices category celebrates the champions of sustainability and our environment. It is awarded to a winery or vineyard that has implemented environmental practices and sustainable innovations and developments, both in the vineyards, or the winery that enhance the visitor experience.
Winner – Gemtree Wines, McLaren Vale
Wine Tourism Services
Cellar doors are at the heart of Tourism within the wine sector in South Australia, this category celebrates outstanding cellar door service offering, focusing on the overall tourism including comfort of venue facilities and of course the knowledgeable, personable staff.
Winner - Yalumba Family Winemakers, Barossa
The winners will now compete in their respective categories against nine other Great Wine Capitals in November, at the international awards as part of the Great Wine Capitals Annual General Meeting in Bordeaux, France.
Previous award winners
The 2019 winners for Adelaide, South Australia were:
- Accommodation - Inkwell Wines (McLaren Vale)
- Architecture and Landscape - d’Arenberg (McLaren Vale)
- Art and Culture - Coriole Vineyards (McLaren Vale)
- Innovative Wine Tourism Experience - Penfolds Magill Estate (Adelaide Hills)
- Sustainable Wine Tourism Practices - Gemtree Wines (McLaren Vale)
- Wine Tourism Restaurant - The Lane Vineyard (Adelaide Hills)
- Wine Tourism Services - Elderton Wines (Barossa)
The 2018 winners for Adelaide, South Australia were:
- Accommodation – The Louise (Barossa)
- Architecture and Landscape – Chapel Hill Winery (McLaren Vale)
- Art and Culture – Coriole Vineyards (McLaren Vale)
- Innovative Wine Tourism Experiences – Henschke and Hutton Vale Farm (Barossa)
- Sustainable Wine Tourism Practices – Whistling Kite Wines(Riverland)
- Wine Tourism Restaurants – Hentley Farm Wines (Barossa)
- Wine Tourism Services – Penfolds Magill Estate (Adelaide Hills) – 2018 International Best of Wine Tourism Winner
The 2017 winners for Adelaide, South Australia were:
- Accommodation: The Louise (Barossa)
- Architecture and Landscape: Primo Estate (McLaren Vale)
- Art and Culture: Seppeltsfield Estate (Barossa)
- Innovative Wine Tourism Experience: Banrock Station (Riverland)
- Wine Tourism Restaurants: Skillogalee (Clare Valley)
- Sustainable Wine Tourism Practices: Kalleske Wines (Barossa)
- Wine Tourism Services: Seppeltsfield Estate (Barossa) - 2017 International Award Winner
Discover the Best of Wine Tourism Award winners from around the world.