- The prestige of the 'Best Of Wine Tourism' trophy to display at your business.
- Benchmark your business against international best practice and to generate wider awareness of the wine tourism offerings.
- Presence on the Great Wine Capitals Global Network (greatwinecapitals.com) website and social media platforms.
- Presence in the 'Best Of' advertisements and press promotion in the local and international media (TV, general and specialised press Wine / Gastronomy / Tourism).
- Promotion to local and international tour operators.
- A presence in a brochure distributed at major local and international wine and tourism exhibitions.
- An invitation to participate in educational events and wine tourism conferences in the cities involved.
- Support in using these marketing tools to promote wine sales and visitation to your business.
Who can enter
The competition is open to any South Australian cellar door or wine-related property that believes it excels in their offering in one or more of the seven categories.
- Wine Tourism Restaurants
- Sustainable Wine Tourism Practices
- Architecture & Landscape
- Art & Culture
- Innovative Wine Tourism Experiences
- Wine Tourism Services
The winners of our South Australian awards program will be presented as nominees for the International Best of Wine Tourism awards. The overall winners will be announced at a gala event in Santiago, Chile in November 2017, at which representatives from the international wine tourism industry will be present.
A local jury will be established to judge the applications among the different proposed categories according to:
- the quality of services and facilities offered
- the quality and original features of tourism offer
- the customer service
- the degree of commitment to developing global wine tourism.
The international jury will be composed of 10 members, one representative of each Network member city.
On the occasion of the Great Wine Capitals Global Network AGM in Santiago, Chile, the International Jury will meet and each representative of the cities will introduce its finalists. The International Jury will deliberate and select one winner per city, all categories taken into consideration. On the international level each city will receive an award among its own category finalists.
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org